- Go at your own pace in this 20 week online course
- Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
- Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
- English subtitles ONLY (Original audio in Korean)
- Enroll now and start learning right away!
Colorful Gouache Painting
Paint Your Imagination with
Professional Artist, NOMA
Have you ever daydreamed about the daily life of imaginary friends? How about wanting to put those imaginations together into something, such as an illustration? This course is for anyone who wants to portray their daydream as a finished illustration. I will help you to capture your imagination on a paper using Gouache.
Throughout the class, you will learn how to draw human and animal characters and add narratives behind the scenes. Sometimes our imagination comes from everyday life. I will show you how to connect the daily life and those characters to tell your story. My course will help you to paint your favorite characters and the life around them using gouache, using different exercises and missions. You will also receive my 1:1 feedback to improve your illustration.
At the end of the course, you will fully understand Gouache as materials and different skills to create the completed Gouache illustration from scratch. If you like the watercolor’s lightness and generosity of acrylic painting, Gouache would be a perfect match for you.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy painting and completing an illustration. I firmly believe that painting has to be exciting and fun.
This course is also excellent for people with any painting skills, from beginners to intermediate. I will help you master Gouache, explore what you like, and create an original illustration with your favorite things.
If you are going through a creator’s block and need an escape, please join me. I will share my experiences, process of completing an illustration, and journey to understand that I love to paint despite the blocks in between.
Step1: Observing and Portraying Your Subject Matter
Step2: Understanding Perspectives
Step3: Developing your sketches from an idea
Step4: Painting with Gouache
Step5: Creating Your Original Illustrations from Sketch
- Meet Your Instructor: NOMA!
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to Materials: Gouache
Chapter 1: Painting with Gouache
- Understanding Gouache Painting
- How to mix the colors and control saturation
- Exploring and finding the right brush
- Tips and Tricks to Control the Thickness in Gouache Painting
Chapter 2. Illustrating Human Figures
- How to Draw Human Bodies
- How to Draw Facial Features
- Coloring Face and Hair (1)
- Coloring Face and Hair (2)
- Coloring Human Bodies (1)
- Coloring Human Bodies (2)
Chapter 3. Portraying Various Textures
- Simple Objects (1): Color Scheme
- Simple Objects (2): Line-work
- Simple Objects (3): Lamp
- Simple Objects (4): Glass Bottle
- Indoor Objects (1): Book Shelves
- Indoor Objects (2): Table, Chair
- Indoor Objects (3):Curtain, Teddy Bear
- Natural Objects (1): Waves
- Natural Objects (2): Tree
- Natural Objects (3): Grass
Chapter 4. Understanding Different Perspectives
- Before Going into Perspectives
- Understanding One-point, Two-point, Three-point Perspectives
- How I Use Perspectives (Tips and Tricks)
Chapter 5. Developing Your Illustration from Scratch
- Developing Your Idea to a Sketch
- Cleaning Your Rough Sketch
- How to Plan Coloring for Your Sketch
- Things I Consider to Complete an Illustration (Tips and Tricks)
Chapter 6. Finalizing Your Illustration
- Primary: Planning and Locating Lights and Shadows
- Secondary (1): Adding Base Colors: Objects / Humans (without background)
- Secondary (2): Adding Base Colors: Coloring Background
- Retouching (1): Creating Basic Shape
- Retouching (2): Defining its Shape
- Finalizing (1): Adding details and refining
- Finalizng (2): What does it mean to be finished work?
Chapter 7. Improving Your Illustration
- Adding depths to your work (1)
- Adding depths to your work (2)
- Adding depths to your work (3)
- Adding depths to your work (4)
- Bonus: Adding Details to Furry Animal: Cat
- Bonus: Adding Details to Scaly Animal: Snake
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
About the Instructor
Introducing the Creator, NOMA
Hi, my name is NOMA, an illustrator.
I portray my daydream on paper using Gouache.
- Holbein Artists' Gouache12colors set
- Art Secret Brushes / Set of 4
- Hwahong Fine Brushes / Set of 5
- Rubens Art Brush / 1ea
- Dali Water Bucket
- Mijello Fusion Watercolor Palette
- Prismacolor Turquoise Pencil
- Staedtler Eraser
- Drawing Book By NOMA
- People who want to get better at the basics of illustration
- People who want to learn my style of gouache and acrylic painting
- People who want to learn how to draw human figures
- People who want to understand different perspectives
- People who want to learn how to refine their painting
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,” it may take less than 2 weeks to get the package. We will also send you a tracking number after we send the package. Due to the duration of delivery, your access will be extended to 22 weeks.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.