1. The ultimate beginners' online course.
This class is for those who want to learn Korean language from scratch.
2. Learn anytime, anywhere at your own pace in this online course (1 year access)
3. 1:1 online feedback and answers to your questions from the instructor herself.
4. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback with.
5. The class is taught in English audio & has English subtitles.
6. Class starts on September 3rd, 2020.
For Ultimate Beginners: Jenny's Korean Alphabet & Practical Writing with Seemile Korea
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. The ultimate beginners' online course.
- Absolute, Ultimate beginners who want to start learning Korean
- Those who want to learn Korean Alphabet in the most efficient way
- Those who want to master pronunciation of Korean Hangeul and correct the common pronunciation mistakes made my English speakers
- Those who want to improve their Korean through 1:1 interaction with a native Korean instructor
- Those who want to really feel the Korean sentence structure by practicing writing, and picking up the differences from your own sentences
- Those who are sick and tired of looking for better free materials which do not have proper curriculum
- Those who want to feel the achievement while tackling tasks step by step
What if you can save so much time and effort by start studying with Jenny along this course?
Jenny is a professional Korean instructor who specializes her teaching skills for the ultimate beginners, and she is very much beloved by the followers of Seemile Youtube channel (which is the 2nd biggest channel for learning Korean) with 855K subscribers.
See yourself the testimonials by students all over the world who were touched by her professional teaching!
When I saw her for the first time I fell in love with her. Her attitude, her teaching style... everything was so amazing and caring.
-by Mansoor Khan
She's the best teacher I've seen on Youtube teaching Korean so far! She explains it in a way that is easy to understand, even considering that my native language is not English.
I have been studying Korean Language with teacher Jenny for 2 months. and now I can read, write and also create a simple sentence. It is so fun and helpful! Thanks so much teacher Jenny!!!
-by Kimberly Jones
What should I Expect from this class?
Mastering Korean Alphabet Hangeul(한글)and Pronunciation
You can learn Korean Alphabet very quickly with the most scientific & fastest way. While learning Korean alphabet, Jenny will walk you through the pronunciation difference between Korean and English.
Conquering the biggest obstacle of Sentence structure with Step by Step Writing tasks
You will learn how to express yourself in Korean step by step. You can follow the class while finishing assignments and Jenny will give you 1:1 feedback all the time. We'll practice how to make sentences together.
Achieving your first Korean short essay( resume, self-introduction) by learning how to write about your self
This class is not just about tricky Korean grammars, but rather about helping ultimate beginners be able to speak naturally in Korean.
You can expect to express yourself in Korean, write letters to Korean friends, or take on a short Korean interview for exchange student or internship program after taking this course.
Hello, this is Jenny from Seemile Korean!
I am very thrilled to meet more students all around the world with Class101. As I have been teaching for more than 10 years, I can guarantee you that your journey to learn Korean with me will be a safe and easy one.
I started teaching Korean to native English speakers - mostly professors or office workers - in Korea. As a Korean, teaching Korean to foreigners is more than just language education. It means a lot to me because I am introducing our culture to many students from all over the world.
Join me with learning Korean today, and I will walk with you through all the difficulties!
- Master's Degree in Korean Language Education from Hanguk University of Foreign Studies
- Korean Instructor's Certificate Level 2
- Completed a Korean Teacher Training Course from Seoul National University
15 years of experience in Korean Language education
Representative of Jenny’s English & Korean studio
Bilingual teacher at Canadian International School
Official instructor of Korean Culture Education Center in Hanguk University of Foreign Studies
Produced Korean educational videos at Seemile
Taught Korean to foreign employees in Kyobo AXA Asset Management
Taught Korean to foreign employees in Samsung Electronics
Official instructor of BF Foreign Exchange Culture Center
Korean and English lecturer for female immigrants
Korean education volunteer service at Phnom Penh University, Cambodia
Welcome! Shall we start learning Korean with JENNY?
Lesson 1 How much do you know about Korean?
- Korean in K-POP and K-DRAMA
- What is Hangul, a Korean alphabet?
Lesson 2 How to make use of JENNY’s Korean class 150%
- How to effectively make the 150% use of this course(Structure of Hangeul+Writing)
- Interaction with Jenny: accomplishing mission assignments and get feedback
01. Learn about the system of Hangul, the Korean alphabetic system
Lesson 1 Where is the Republic of Korea? Let's find it on a map.
- Republic of Korea in the world map (Introducing the capital of Republic of Korea, population, language and letter)
- Keywords related to Korea: taegukgi, mugungkwa, taekowndo, hanbok, kimchi, gochujang,
- bulgogi, bibimbap, tteokbokki, ramyeon,
- Global Korean celebrities: K-POP and K-DRAMA
- Global Korean companies: SAMSUNG, LG, HYUNDAE
Lesson 2 Korean uses 'Hangul, a Korean alphabetic system.
- History of Hangul: the birth of Hangul, King Sejong, Hunminjeongum
- Characteristic of Korean: based on unique and scientific principle
- The structure of Korean syllable: CV / CVC
- Mission 1: Draw a Taegukgi and upload a file
- Mission 2: Solve the general knowledge quiz about Hangul and upload the assignment
02. Different kinds of Hangul vowels and pronouncing them properly
Lesson 1 Korean vowels: The principle of 'heaven, earth, and man’
Lesson 2 Korean vowels: ㅡ, ㅣ
Lesson 3 Korean vowels: ㅏ, ㅑ /ㅓ, ㅕ,
Lesson 4 Korean vowels: ㅗ, ㅛ / ㅜ, ㅠ
Lesson 5 Korean vowels: ㅐ, ㅒ / ㅔ, ㅖ
Lesson 6 Korean vowels: ㅢ, ㅟ /ㅘ, ㅝ/ ㅙ, ㅚ, ㅞ,
Lesson 7 Words that only consist of Korean vowels: 아이, 오이, 우유, 이유….
- Mission 1: Upload an assignment worksheet of Korean vowels and words made up of Korean vowels
- Mission 2: Upload a dictation assignment of words made up of Korean vowels
03. Korean consonants
+ Combination of consonants and vowels (syllables)
Lesson 1 Korean consonants ㅇ, ㅎ + Korean vowels
Lesson 2 Korean consonants ㄴ, ㄹ, ㅁ + Korean vowels
Lesson 3 Korean consonants ㄱ, ㅋ, ㄲ + Korean vowels
Lesson 4 Korean consonants ㅂ, ㅍ, ㅃ + Korean vowels
Lesson 5 Korean consonants ㄷ, ㅌ, ㄸ + Korean vowels
Lesson 6 Korean consonants ㅈ, ㅊ, ㅉ + Korean vowels
Lesson 7 Korean consonants ㅅ, ㅆ + Korean vowels
- Mission 1: Upload a worksheet assignment of writing after the Korean consonants and syllables
- Mission 2: Upload a Korean dictation assignment
- Mission 3: Upload an assignment of writing text messages with a smartphone in Korean
04. Shall we read Hangul?
Lesson 1 Let’s read the title of K-pop song.
Lesson 2 Let’s read the title of K-drama.
Lesson 3 Reading English words in Hangul: Let’s write ‘Smartphone’ in Hangul.
Lesson 4 Reading luxury goods in Hangul: Let’s write 'Chanel' in Hangul.
- Mission 1: Record and upload a famous script of K-DRAMA
05. Writing a letter of self-Introduction in Korean
Lesson 1 Korean greeting expressions and introducing my name
Lesson 2 Introducing my country and family in Korean
Lesson 3 Introducing my school and major, grade and age in Korean
Lesson 4 Introducing my job in Korean
Lesson 5 Introducing my hobby and specialty in Korean
Lesson 6 Introducing my character in Korean
Lesson 7 Introducing my special experience in Korean
Lesson 8 Introducing my dream in Korean
- Mission 1 : Upload a letter of self-introduction in Korean
06. How to write about your country in Korean
Lesson 1 Your country's name in Korean
Lesson 2 Explaining on the capital and the natural environment of your country in Korean
Lesson 3 Explaining on famous tourist sites of your country in Korean
Lesson 4 Introducing your language and letter in Korean
Lesson 5 Introducing a celebrity from your country in Korean
Lesson 6 Introducing the representative food of your country in Korean
Lesson 7 Introducing the favorite sports of your country in Korean
Lesson 8 Introducing simple greeting expressions of your country in Korean
- Mission 1: Make a PowerPoint that introduces your country in Korean and upload a video of yourself presenting it
07. Writing a resume in Korean
Lesson 1 Writing an introductory part of resume in Korean
Lesson 2 Writing about your educational background in Korean
Lesson 3 Writing about your work experience in Korean
Lesson 4 Completing your Korean resume
- Mission1: Upload a Korean resume writing assignment
08. Writing a letter in Korean
Lesson 1 Introduction and greeting expressions of a letter in Korean
Lesson 2 Writing about how you are doing
Lesson 3 Writing about how you feel
Lesson 4 Asking questions to the other side
Lesson 5 Writing about your future wishes
Lesson 6 Completing your letter
- Mission: Upload an assignment of writing a letter in Korean
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 1 year. Within that period, you can replay the videos on as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offer the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date. Right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Class videos will be available by September 3rd, 2020.
We will notify you via email regarding how to access class contents on the release date.