1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles, Original audio in Korean.
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
See for yourself to the improvements our classmates have made in this course!
204 students enrolled and 98% said they were satisfied with this course.
Wow, it took so long sketching that I thought to myself, ‘When will I finish drawing everything?’ but I drew them one by one and before I knew it, I was finished. (I’m so emotional!) It was nice because Eunbi teacher taught in such a friendly way!!! Thank you and I’m looking forward to the next lesson. I’ll follow along well.
-by Ji Won
It’s my first time trying to get contrast, and as I do each one, it gets harder and harder. But I’ll practice more! Please give me some feedback!
-by Im Song Lee
I wanted to try various expressions~~ The hair’s shadow? That kind of part isn’t working well
Step 01 : Disney-Like Backgrounds
The focus is never on the background, but the details are always there. Start with the basics of perspective, and after learning about composition, draw your room.
Step 02 : Characters’ Faces and Hairstyles
The face and hair are what makes each character unique. Create your own unique character, then give them some facial expressions to make them come alive.
Step 03 : Natural Human Expressions and Poses
Poses have to look natural and elegant. Learn about bodily proportions, then how to give characters various poses.
Step 04 : Adding Clothes
Give your characters a good sense of fashion! With clothes comes creases, creating some challenges, so listen carefully when learning about how to give your character a costume.
Step 05 : Recreating Your Memories
Recall one of your favorite memories and make a rough sketch. After coloring and adding details, recreate that old moment into a cute and colorful drawing!
Step 06 : Drawing Animals
Drawing animals is a bit different from drawing people. Learn some techniques used to draw animals, then recreate your pets as cartoon animals.
Step 07 : Basic Functions of Procreate
Procreate is the medium in which we will be learning how to draw. Learn the essential features so that you can begin your journey into Disney-inspired drawing!
Step 08 : Drawing Cute Objects
Simplify objects to make a rough sketch, and add details with color to turn real-life objects into cute and colorful cartoon images.
Create your own cartoon UNIVERSE
Hello, this is Illustrator Eunbi. I've been an artwork instructor for about 3 years and now I'm a freelance illustrator and character designer!
Animations capture everything from realistic scenes from everyday life to fantastical scenes from deep in someone's imagination, from adorable and simple characters to graphically detailed personas. This Disney-inspired class focuses on the cute and adorable scenes you find in everyday life. From sketching a background to fitting characters with clothes, create your own everyday scenes.
Through experimentation and time, I have developed an easy and simple way to draw cartoon characters, that I will reveal to you through this class. Follow along and draw characters with me, then create a new character on your own.
Let's observe the people around you!
Everyone has their own characteristics. This feature is not just about appearance. If you combine external features with personality, you get a character who is very interesting. Conceptualizing and bringing those characters to life is what animators do.
Since you have seen your family or acquaintances up close, you will be able to create a detailed story with them as a reference. And if you look closely, you may be able to catch habits or features you haven't noticed before!
Welcome: Disney-Inspired Drawing
- Introduction: Eunbi introduces the goals of the class
- Meet Eunbi: Illustrator, artist, and your instructor
- iPad, Apple Pencil, and Procreate: Getting to know our tools
01. The Medium
- Let's explore some of the functions of Procreate
- How do layers work?
- What's in the Brush Library: Brush types and how to use them
02. The Basics of Character Drawing
- Eunbi's recommended settings for drawing, then sketching with simple shapes
- Value, Saturation, and Contrast: Using your eyes to differentiate colors and shade
- Coloring becomes simple if you use contrast
- Objects Aren't Hard Either: How to get the general shape
- Practice: Cute Props - Sketch
- Practice: Cute Props - Coloring
03. The Face
- The Golden Ratio: Drawing the face
- Drawing the eyes and mouth from simple shapes
- Tips for drawing the nose and ears
- Give Your Character Life: Adding facial expressions
- Adding hairstyles is all about flow and direction
04. The Body
- The ratios of the human body
- Joints and Ratios: Drawing the hands and arms
- Covering All the Curves and Edges: Drawing the legs and feet
- Putting it all together: Drawing natural-looking figures
- Pinches, Creases, and How to portray wrinkles in clothing
- Patterns and Designs: Adding clothes
05. The Setting
- How do you use perspective? Everything you need to know
- What are aerial perspectives and tripartition grids?
- Drawing My Room - Sketch, Perspective and Balance
- Drawing My Room - Coloring, Details, and Color Schemes
06. The Scene 1
- Curious Baby - Sketching the Figure and Features
- Curious Baby - Coloring and Detailing
- Cheese Time! - Sketching the Background, then Adding a Figure
- Cheese Time! - Coloring and Detailing
07. The Scene 2
- I Hate Studying - Sketching More Complex Figures
- I Hate Studying - Coloring and Detailing
- At the Beach - Sketching Nature
- At the Beach - Coloring and Detailing
08. Making Memories
- Use your memories to visualize a concept
- Envisioning and sketching a rough draft
- After coloring, making corrections
- Finding inspirational references
- The Deforme technique
- Mission: Draw your pet as a character
Congratulations on completing the course!
Hello, I’m Eunbi, a freelance illustrator and character designer who previously worked as an art instructor for three years.
As many people did, I also liked painting since I was young, so I majored in visual design, but it was very different from my thoughts. I liked to draw by hand, not design with a computer.
It was a time when I was worried about the future.
After spending my freshman year like this, I went to see Avatar for the first time. I felt like my head was saying “Ding!”
I wondered “How did they make those characters and backgrounds? Who made them?” As I was searching for answers, I found “Concept Art.” You can make money by drawing characters and backgrounds. I think I felt really good back then.
I heard that Disney and Pixar animation, which I had always loved, also had their own field of concept art. I also learned that for them, a portfolio was more important than education, so with the support of my mother, I dropped out of school.
“When you do something you like, money comes by itself.”
My mother always said this. I also wanted to invest the money and time used studying things I didn’t want to learn into doing something new. .
After some time, I was fortunately offered a position as an 'art instructor' at an art school and worked as a freelancer for about 3 years. I quit my job as an instructor, and I’m currently doing personal work and freelance activities.
As a teacher, I felt very proud, and later I gave myself a goal. I want to build up my knowledge and experience in art to be able to help people who want to learn.
Class 101 seems to be the beginning. I still have a lot to learn, but at the very least I want to teach you the artistic techniques that I struggled to learn in a fun and engaging way.
I hope my class helps you! :)
- People who normally like the picture style of Disney / Pixar
- People who want to learn the basics of illustration but do not have time to go to an academy
- People who want to capture their own story in illustrations
- People who want to express certain characters such as their friends or family
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Procreate app.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in Apple Store). It is not included in the course package.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Class Preparation (iPad)
Also, you need an Apple Pencil to take the class. iPad Air, iPad, iPad Pro all works! Do not forget about downloading the 'Procreate' app as well.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase. Please check your inbox or spam!
Select class option