1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. Class is in production. Start learning after Nov, 3rd
Create Beauty and Fashion Portraits with an iPad
By. Alex Tang
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Learn Fashion Portraits in Procreate
Learn to Illustrate the model look with
Fashion Designer and Artist, Alex Tang
Do you like beauty and fashion, or creating beautiful fashion portraits? I am here to share my experience with you on creating captivating fashion illustrations and what clients look for in fashion portraits.
Whether you are a beginner, or an intermediate artist trying to learn quick and easy ways for fashion illustration, you will find everything you would need to know in this course.
I will teach you the easiest way to perfect your line art, paint your illustrations, create semi-traditional looking digital fashion illustrations, basic fashion expressions, and poses. Eventually, you will find your original style through your innate preferences and tendencies.
This course is for anyone from beginners to intermediate artists who has a passion for beauty and fashion and wants to capture the expressions and poses in illustrations or simply learn to draw breathtakingly beautiful models.
I will cover the fundamentals of the basic human head and anatomy, breakdowns on hair illustrations, tips, and tricks of digital illustrations and coloring.
You will learn the basic settings and functions of Procreate and how to adjust them to suit your preference for better drawing experience.
You will also have access to my customized Procreate brushes, textures, and templates to help you follow along with ease.
By the end of this course, you will know how to draw and paint portraits from both reference and imagination, mastering basic fashion expressions and poses, finding your original style, and the general preference and needs of clients in fashion illustrations.
Step 1: Basics of Procreate, Settings, and Brushes
Step 2: Construct a head with circles and lines: forming an ideal facial proportions and symmetry
Step 3: Learn the details of facial features: eyes, nose, lips, and ears
Step 4: Put everything together: creating a completed character
Step 5: Learn to color your sketch quick and easy
- Meet Your Instructor: Alex Tang
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to Procreate
Chapter 1: Intro to Procreate
- Sharing Basic interface setting that I use for my work
- Experimenting Canvas size and brushes
- Download and use my brush setting to follow the course easily
Chapter 2: Line Quality
- How to achieve confident-looking lines
- Do’s and don’t’s for line arts
Chapter 3: Basic Facial Proportions
- Analyze real human heads and facial proportions
- Map out the ratio using circles and lines
- Sketch face shapes, jawlines, cheekbones, hairline
- Start placing each feature
Chapter 4: Eyes and Brows
- Study real eyes and brows
- Details of an eye: eyelid, tear duct, pupil, lashes
- Details of Eyebrows: hair strokes and shape
- What do Eyebrows tell: Expressions and personalities
- Add eye makeup
Chapter 5: Nose & Lips
- Observe real noses
- Details of Nose: nose shapes and sizes
- Observe real lips
- Details of Lips: lips shapes, sizes, and angles
Chapter 6: Hair & Ears
- Observe real hairstyles
- Think of hairstyles in shapes and segments instead of individual strands
- Add flyaways and highlights to add realism
- Details of ears: shapes, sizes, and angles
- Draw hair and ears like mine
Chapter 7: Create a Character or a Story:
- Use expressions, hairstyles, and accessories to add story
- Explore different combination examples
Chapter 8: 3/4 View Face
- Introduction to perspectives
- Apply what we learned from previous chapters
Chapter 9: Coloring
- Block in colors
- Add lights and shadows through clipping masks and blending modes
- Apply highlights
- Color the line art
- Add noise and textures
Chapter 10: Full Demonstration Based on the Curriculum
- Front view character
- 3/4 view character
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
About the Instructor
Illustrator, Alex Tang
I am Alex. I am a pharmacist turned freelance fashion illustrator and designer. I have been in fashion illustrations for 7 years and fashion designs for 3 years. I have created illustrations for ad campaigns, editorials, collaterals for named clients such as Condé Nast, Calvin Klein, Roger Vivier, and Nine West. My self-taught experience taught me the importance of quality and consistency of one's work. It has always been my goal to pass on everything I learned through these years to everyone who wants to embark on a similar journey or learn to draw and create portraits.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
I have always loved fashion and everything about it since I was a kid. I have been doodling and sketching as longest i can remember. It was never anything serious until I started posting my work online 7 years ago as a hobby, and people started to notice them and approach me for commissioned illustrations. It started as a side-job while I was a full-time pharmacist, but as the freelancing business builds up, I leaped to work creatively full-time. It was the best decision I have ever made!
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Procreate app.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in Apple Store). It is not included in the course package.
- People who want to learn how to draw with procreate
- People who are interested in creating fashion portraits
- People who want to capture makeups and hair-dos in illustrations
- People who want to learn the proportion of facial features
- People who want to illustrate realistic yet beautiful looks
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Class Preparation (iPad)
Also, you need an Apple Pencil to take the class. iPad Air, iPad, iPad Pro all works! Do not forget about downloading the 'Procreate' app as well.
Class videos will be available by November 3rd. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.