1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4.With the Material Package, every materials you need will be delivered to your door-step
5. Class is in production. Start learning after Jan 28th, 2021
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Mythical Storytelling Through Watercolor
Start Painting Your Mythical Stories with
Artist, Aria Fawn
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Have you ever wanted to learn watercolors but felt intimidated by how difficult it was to control them and achieve vibrant colors and fine details?
Would you like to inject your art with more emotion, and find your own personal style to help your creations stand out?
In this course, I will teach you how to use the unique nature of watercolor to create vibrant paintings that seem to glow and utilize the natural qualities of the paint to add beautiful textures and details to the artwork in a fun way that everyone can achieve, once they know the basics!
I will also show you how to use characters and symbolism to tell stories through your art and find your own personal art style to create the awesome images you see inside your head!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to better control their watercolors and push the medium to its fullest potential. Whether you are a total beginner, or intermediate watercolor painter, this course will cover both basics as well as advanced techniques anyone can learn and enjoy.
This course is also perfect for those who want advice on how to achieve a unique art style and bring more emotion to their work.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: Basic and Advanced Watercolor Techniques
Step 2: Unique Methods of Watercolor Painting
Step 3: How to Paint Imaginary Worlds And Tell Stories With Your Work
Step 4: How To Find Your Art Style
Step 5: Staying Inspired, Motivated and Healthy as An Artist
- Meet Your Instructor
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to Materials
Chapter 1: Introduction to Watercolor
- How to Use Watercolor Ground
- All About Color
- Filling Your Palette and Creating a Color Chart
- Basic Techniques: Lifting, Washes and Fine Details
Chapter 2: Advanced Techniques
Lighting, Shadowing, and Glowing Effects
Creating Beautiful Abstracts (Class Exercise)
Chapter 3: Making Your Own World: Landscapes and Structures
- Painting Foliage: Leaves, Grass and Trees
- Painting Rocks and Mountains
- Painting Skies and Clouds
- Painting Structures
- Planning Out Your Landscape
- Paint a Landscape From Reference (Class Exercise)
Chapter 4: Creating Characters and Storytelling
Character Fundamentals: Anatomy, Posing, and Texture
Stylization, Expression, and Emotion
Symbolism and Storytelling
Working with Reference (Class Exercise)
Chapter 5: Planning a Painting from Start to Finish
Developing Ideas and Sketching
Creating Thumbnails and Gathering Reference
Making a Full Piece with Background (Class Exercise)
Chapter 6: Working From Imagination
How Drawing From Imagination Can Improve Your Style
Drawing Characters From Imagination
Using the Abstract Nature of Paint to Find Ideas
Creating An Entire Piece from Imagination (Class Exercise)
Bonus Chapter : Becoming a Full-Time Artist - How To Make It Work Without Losing Your Sanity
- Maintaining a Schedule That Works for You
- My tips on how to stay healthy as a Full-Time Artist
- Make A Dream Business Plan (Class Exercise)
1. Congratulations on completing the course
Meet Your Creator
My name is Aria Fawn and I am a self taught artist who has been working independently for the last six years. I show my work in galleries, travel to conventions and work with musicians around the world to create album covers. Because I did not go to art school, I learned by observing the things around me, being inspired by other artists, and reading advice online. Now I want to be able to pass the advice I have learned over the years on to other artists so that we can all create the work that makes us truly happy. I fell in love with watercolors about eight years ago when I discovered just how far the medium could go and I hope to be able to share all the little tips and tricks I have learned over the years with amazing artists such as yourself!
* IMPORTANT NOTICE *
Please note that class materials are subject to change depending on availability of the product. Should a specific material be unavailable at the time of your order, a different, but similar item will be included in the package as replacement.
- Strathmore Sketch Pad, 9"x12"
- Fabriano Watercolour paper
- Hwahong series 948 set of 5 & series 320 set of 5
- Pentel Mechanical Pencil
- Pentel Japan Aquash Waterbrush
- Watercolor 18-Well Palette
- Flower Paint Palette
- Faber-Castell Kneaded Eraser
- QoR Watercolor Ground
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Paint/ 8 colors
- People who want to learn how to paint with watercolors
- People who want to tell their stories through symbols and watercolor painting
- People who want to paint their imaginary worlds
- People who want to be an inspired, motivated and sane artist
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will send you the package before the release date(January 28th), if you have purchased the All-in-one package.
Class videos will be available by January 28th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.