1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. All-in-One package will be delivered to your doorstep
5. Class is in production. Start learning after May 25th, 2021
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Creating a Beautiful Life at Home
Home Making Class with
Creator, Joy Fitzgerald
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
This worldwide pandemic has shown us that making a house a home is more important than ever. How can we cultivate beauty and peace in our work in our homes' confines with ourselves and our family? It is something we must intentionally pursue, as peace does not just happen to us. I am not here to say that my home is perfect. My home goes through everyday disasters just like everyone else's. However, I am happy to say that I have my own rhythm to keep my home beautiful and peaceful. I want to share what I do to encourage a flourishing, peaceful home throughout the course.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This course is for anyone who wants approachable solutions + ideas on how to cultivate a peaceful atmosphere and beautiful home life. You are looking for practical tips + guidelines, inspiring mindsets, and instruction to simple activities to encourage joy, beauty, order, and connection in your home.
(Note: there is a focus on life at home with young children 6 & under. But these are principles + activities that you can apply to all households and ages).
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: My daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms
Step 2: How I approach time management to maximize efficiency, but also to create space for rest and connection
Step 3: My method of cleaning the home and approach to interior home decor
Step 4: Simple Creative Activities to do at home and how to style them
Step 5: My top favorite children’s books for each season
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
- Meet Your Instructor: Joy!
- Introduction to the Course
Chapter 1: A Day in My Home
- Introduction to daily schedule and routine
Chapter 2: A Week in My Home
- Introduction to weekly rhythms and intentional time management
- Overview of my weekly rhythms
- Home Cleaning Tutorial
Chapter 3: A Month in My Home
- Filling out a monthly Calendar Tutorial
Chapter 4: A Year in My Home: Fall
- Introduction to how to view the year in seasonal rhythms
- Fall Overview
- Fall Activity 1: Candle rolling Tutorial
- Fall Activity 2: Homemade Applesauce Tutorial
- Fall Children's Books
Chapter 5: A Year in My Home: Winter
- Winter Overview
- Winter Activity 1: Popcorn Garland Tutorial
- Winter Activity 2: Paper Straw Ornament Tutorial
- Winter Home Styling Tutorial
- Winter Children Books
Chapter 6: A Year in My Home: Spring
- Spring Overview
- Spring Activity 1 - Calligraphy Addressing Envelopes Tutorial
- Spring Activity 2 - DIY Painted Wrapping Paper and gift wrap Tutorial
- Spring Home Party Styling Tutorial
- Spring Children’s Books
Chapter 7: A Year in My Home: Summer
- Summer Overview
- Summer Activity 1 - Nature Appreciation Tutorial
- Summer Children’s Books
- Congratulations on Completing the Course
Meet Your Creator
I am a calligrapher, illustrator, stylist and home educator. I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband and two young children. There are several core principles that drive my approach in lifestyle — simplicity, beauty, peace.
These principles are the foundation of how I make a house a home, how I educate + raise my children, and what kind of work I create.
I have been a professional calligrapher, illustrator and stylist for the last eight years and have been a mother for six. I am passionate about growing with deep intention in all these realms.
Over the years, I have found that these occupations are not separate descriptions, but harmoniously work together to shape who I am and how I live. My work and life has been published and featured by many publications over the years (incl. Nike, Domino Magazine, Kinfolk etc).
One of the most FAQ I get from my followers is how to practically implement what we do in our home into their own.
I am thrilled to be able to have a chance and format to share what has worked in our family over the years. My genuine hope is that it can help bring both beauty and joy into your home.
Meet the All-in-One package hand-picked by Joy and CLASS101!
- Blank Calendar
- Candle Making Kit
- Card Set
- Paint Set
- Masking Tape
- Paper Straws
- Calligraphy Ink
- Calligraphy Nib
- Calligraphy Pen Holder
- White Paper Roll
- Baker’s Twine
- Who wants to learn Joy's tips and tricks to keep her home cozy
- Who wants to learn more about Joy's philosophy behind her home
- Who wants to have time management skills to have their tasks in control
- Who wants to learn more about easy at-home-activities
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will send you the package before the release date(May 25th), if you have purchased the All-in-one package.
Class videos will be available by May 25th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.