1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. Class is in production. Start learning after Nov, 26th
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Illustrate Anime from Start to Finish
Learn Digital Illustration Using Clip Studio Paint with
Anime Illustrator, Kirabunni
Learn how to draw digitally and paint colorful illustrations that show off characters in their environment. In this course, you will learn how to compose, plan, color, and edit and illustrate from scratch! I will show you how to develop your original style, whether for drawing or coloring, while also producing high-quality original work or fan art.
There is no right or wrong in drawing, but hopefully, this course will help you develop your way of drawing and painting! This course is for anyone interested in creating their original illustrations, whether for a hobby or a future career.
We will start with the basics of anime-style illustrations, so don’t be afraid to join even with little to no experience in illustrating.
By the end of this course, you will learn to create full illustrations with eye-catching colors and composition and the skills needed to develop your style. In art, having something unique and original is critical as it is what differentiates your work from others and makes it stand out.
Step 1: How to Compose and Sketch Characters
Step 2: How to Use Bright Colours in Illustration
Step 3: How to Illustrate Characters and Their Environment
Step 4: Editing and Adjusting Artworks
- Meet Your Instructor: Kira!
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the Clip Studio Paint
Chapter 1: Overview of Clip Studio Paint
- Learning the user interface
- Importing and editing your brush settings
- Working with layers and layer adjustments
- Sharing extra tips and tricks
Chapter 2: Basic Sketch & Composition
- Using basic shapes to build a sketch
- Practicing confident lines and sketching techniques
- Learning composition rules
- Sketching thumbnail ideas
- Using composition features to compliment the character
Chapter 3: Anatomy/Proportion
- Learning the human proportions
- Drawing anime-style faces with realistic face references
- Practicing different styles of hair illustrations
- Learning to draw facial expressions
- Stylizing your characters with realistic proportions reference
Chapter 4: Color Theory
- Choosing colours on the colour wheel
- Using complementary and monochromatic colours
- Understanding the colour spectrums
- Using adjustments to help control colours
- How to exaggerate real-life colours in your art
Chapter 5: Color Palette
- Applying colours to your characters
- Changing and editing colours depending on different moods
- Learning to pick appropriate colours for the illustration
- Adding highlights with bright colours
- Using adjustment layers to fix colours
Chapter 6: Light and Shadow
- Learning source of light and shadows
- Applying lighting and shadows to the head
- Using light and shadow in the composition
- Converting light and shadows to colours
Chapter 7: Character Design
- Finding inspirations
- Conveying expressions and personality (faces)
- Stylizing and rendering characters: Clothes
- Creating the colour theme
- Learning additional features to emphasize a character
Chapter 8: Backgrounds
- Learning to draw backgrounds
- Stylizing your sketches and background ideas
- Using lighting to create mood
- Planning details and colours
Chapter 9: Final Illustration
- Starting a composition from scratch
- Refining the sketch and creating colour palette
- Adding colors and shades to the illustration
- Adding detail and blending the character with the background
- Rendering and finalizing the illustration
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
About the Instructor
Hello! I’m Kira, a freelance illustrator based in Australia. I’ve been drawing since I was very young, and I love creating colorful and eye-catching illustrations! I often go to conventions to promote and sell my artworks as well.
Illustration has been s a great medium to get any thought or emotion across. It is very expressive and satisfying when it’s done! For me, drawing is everything. That is why I want to help anyone and everyone I can so that they can discover their love and potential in illustration. I hope sharing my tips and experience will open new doors for you to the world of illustration.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
Growing up, I really loved watching animation and playing games, and my childhood dream was to be an artist. I started drawing when I was very young, and soon, those two things merged and played a big part in my life! I started doing fan art and original work as a freelancer (and also as an animation student), and started promoting and selling my works at conventions in Australia and around the world. It is a blessing for me to be able to do what I love the most as a job, and I am hoping that you would also be able to do what you love the most.
- People who want to learn how to use Clip Studio
- People who want to master the compositions of character design
- People who want to illustrate in your original styles using realistic references
- People who want to learn how to create color palettes for your illustration
- People who want to draw a background that blends your characters
- People who are interested in aesthetic illustration
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
You need to have your own Clip Studio to take the class.
Class videos will be available by November 26th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.