1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. English subtitles ONLY (Original audio in Korean).
5. Class is in production. Start learning after February 26th, 2021
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Become an Expert in Concept Art Illustration with Leepix
Concept Art Illustration with
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Haven't you ever been disappointed by your creation? Sometimes it just simply doesn't look like what we had in our mind. Practices make things perfect, but there are things to know and learn before you practice; the use of lights and colors, the perfect harmony between character and background, the must-know tips to add stories to the drawing aren't something you can get from practicing blindly. This class is about the efficient process of creating an illustration from scratch. From composing an image in your head to sketching, coloring, and completing your drawing, I will go over the entire process step by step.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class aims to portray your intentions and message to your illustrations- to make your message as evident as we can, I will help you breathe life into your illustrations for various concepts. We will go over every element that goes into concept art. Based on drawing's basic principles, we will fix bad drawing habits and fill in the gaps for improvement. Through this process, the design and implementation of your drawing will become precise and concrete.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
By the end of this class, you will be creating the eight different drawings above to master the elements of illustrations: color compositions, characters, props, backgrounds, etc. Some of the exercises will require you to practice one or two components, and others will require every element you will be learning throughout the class. Those experiences will build and improve your drawing skills and help you apply those as an artist.
The class will start with the baby steps, but you will be expected to draw illustrations from scratch with various concepts by the end of the class. I believe that art is a journey with lots of exploration. Let me guide you to no one else's but your original style of drawing. I will also help you to brand yourself online as a beloved but unique artist.
Step 1: How to Be Creative with Idea Sketching
Step 2: Playing and Exploring the Color Schemes
Step 3: Creating Your Original Characters
Step 4: Adding Stories Behind Your Art
- Meet your instructor, Leepix
- Introducing tools and programs for this class
- Introducing to Leepix's concept art class!
Chapter 1: Leveling up as an artist
- Explore various croquis drawing
- Excercise 1: Let's do croquis drawing together
- Tips for Croquis drawing
- Exercise 2: Simple, Complex & Things to watch out for
- Exercise 3: Understanding the process and finding the shapes
Chapter 2: Mastering our beloved rough color
Why is it so difficult for me to use color?
Exercise 1: Understanding the rough color and its process
Exercise 2: Applying brushes and rough color
Tips and tricks from Leepix: rough color study
Chapter 3: Value - understanding lights
- What is "value" in drawing?
- Exercise 1: How to better add values to your drawing
- Exercise 2: Let's explore light using a figure
- Leveling up! Where are you now?
Chapter 4: Creating your original character
- Idea sketch: unleash your imagination!
- Character concepts and gestures to make them real
- Creating and applying a color palette
- Perfecting your character with detailed coloring
- Exercise 1: Drawing a character for concept art
Chapter 5: Designing essential props for the background
Creating the vibe: small items and identities
Idea sketching: props
Let's deform various props!
Balance & Configuration of different props
Rough color coloring for props
Research 1 : Material
Research 2: Material
Exercise: Drawing props for concept art
Chapter 6: Background design & layout for animation
Understanding the theory behind quarter view background: adding tone and mood
Exercise 1: Adding a story to your background
Exercise 2: Coloring the Concept Art Day & Night 1
Exercise 2: Coloring the Concept Art Day & Night 2
Exercise 2: Coloring the Concept Art Day & Night 3
Exercise 2: Coloring the Concept Art Day & Night 4
Chapter 7: Illustration with a vivid story 1
Step by step guide to illustration process
Coming up with story and color scheme for illustration
Rainy day illustration: thumbnailing
Rainy Day Illustration: sketching
Rainy Day Illustration: coloring 1
Rainy Day Illustration: coloring 2
Rainy Day Illustration: coloring 3
Rainy Day Illustration: coloring 4
Rainy Day Illustration: coloring 5
Chapter 8: Illustration with a vivid story 2
Three witches enjoying camping: thumbnailing
Three Witches enjoying camping: Sketching
Three witches enjoying camping: coloring
Rendering your illustration
Bonus Chapter: How to brand yourself an artist
- Branding myself
- How to become a successful freelancer
- How to love an artist side of me
- Positive mindset & Your dreams will come true
- How do you study styling?
1. Congratulations on completing the course, what's next?
Meet Your Creator
Hello, this is Leepix. I'm a concept artist who worked as a freelancer with famous companies such as Disney TV Animation, Netflix, Epic Games, Seo Semi Street, and a professional YouTuber who shares all those know-how of illustration on YouTube. As a mentor who started this journey before you, as an artist who successfully branded me, and as an experienced art instructor, I carefully curated this class for you, so please, join me. Let me help you.
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
- People who want to become a professional animation concept artist
- People who want to learn and apply digital drawing skills
- People who want to give a more finished look to their old work
- People who want to add colors and values to improve their drawing
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Class videos will be available by February 26th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.