1. Instructor's custom brush set will be included
2. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
3. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
4. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
Learn the Rules of Digital Lettering and Break Them
By. Andrea Rosell
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Instructor's custom brush set will be included
Learn Digital Lettering with an iPad
Master Monoline, Block, & Brush Lettering Using My Exclusive Custom Brushes
Make Your Own Artworks by Combining Styles, Adding Illustrations and Effects
This is a beginner's course, so you don't need any prior knowledge or experience in Digital Lettering. All you'll need is an iPad compatible with Procreate and compatible with a stylus (I highly recommend the Apple Pencil).
I will also be providing my own custom brushes for you to use in the course!
This class is meant for you if you're interested in learning digital lettering to start creating beautiful pieces for your own personal use, to share on Instagram, or even to start your own side business selling your art.
It is also ideal for people who already have some experience in digital lettering, but want to add more styles and effects to their repertoire of knowledge.
The course is super easy to follow and will take you from the very basics of digital lettering through to creating beautiful finished pieces with your own personal touch.
Make the rules of digital learning fun by breaking them! I know digital lettering and all it's norms can seem a bit overwhelming when you are first starting this journey, but this class will make learning super fun, simple and most importantly, will teach you that there is nothing wrong with breaking a few rules when it comes to creativity.
The possibilities of digital lettering are endless, so in this course I would guide you through the basics and you will learn how to use Procreate in a way that it helps you discover your own style.
In this class you will learn basic strokes and techniques, such as brush, monoline and block lettering, but also how to challenge these rules and make tweaks to your work so it's unique and fun.
We will practice together each letter of the alphabet in different styles as well as creating full sentences and ultimately whole pieces incorporating shadows, masking and other details, including illustrations.
By the end of the course, you will be making amazing lettering art portraying your own personality and experimenting with different styles.
Join me in this class and take away the stress of learning and focus on lettering as a form of relaxation and a way to express your creativity.
You will walk away knowing how to use Procreate and some of its features to help you create lettering art while adding eye-catching effects. You will also be able to add small illustrations and embellishments to your work by applying your newly acquired knowledge.
I hope that what you learn in this course will incentivize you to keep discovering more about this incredible art and that there is nothing wrong about breaking a few rules in order to be unique.
Step 1: Master the tools
This course will start out by learning my method of digital drawing using Procreate with the iPad. I will show you the tips and techniques I use myself to make my artworks.
Step 2: Practice through specific activities
Next we will go through specific styles of lettering by practicing different techniques together.
Step 3: Create more complex pieces together
After learning the basics I will show you how to add illustrations and effects to make more embellished lettering pieces.
Step 4: Discover what to do next with your art
As a bonus I will wrap up the class by sharing how I sell my artwork and what you can do with the digital letterings you make even beyond this class.
Welcome to digital lettering
1. Meet Your Instructor: Andrea Rosell
2. Introduction to the course
Chapter 1: Getting around the Procreate app
1. Basic Procreate settings and my techniques
2. Importing brushes and choosing the perfect ones
3. Review of color palettes
Chapter 2. The basics behind brush lettering
1. Basic Strokes and drills
2. Upper and lower cases
3. Connecting letters, creating words and sentences
4. Breaking the rules of brush lettering and adding your own style
Chapter 3. How to do monoline lettering
1. When to use monoline lettering
2. Different styles for upper and lower cases
3. Creating full words and sentences
4. Creating monoline lettering in your own style
Chapter 4. The rules of block lettering
1. Foundations of block lettering
2. Different techniques and brushes to use
3. Upper cases, lower cases and words
4. Breaking the rules and having fun adding your own style
Chapter 5. Combining lettering styles
2. Creating the perfect composition
3. Choosing what words to create in a particular style
4. Creating the piece with the combined styles
Chapter 6. Adding effects to each style
1. How to add Shadows
2. Adding 3D effects
3. How to use Layer Masking
4. How and when to use Clipping Mask
Chapter 7: Adding illustrations to create a finished piece
1. Adding simple illustrations
2. How much is too much?
3. Adding textures
4. Making tweaks to create the final piece
BONUS: Turning your artwork into a business
1. How to introduce your work on Instagram & stand out
2. My tips and tricks to sell your work
Lettering Artist, Andrea
Hi, I am Andrea, a lettering artist living in Maidenhead, UK. Digital lettering is my passion, and I absolutely love immersing myself for hours on hours on my iPad creating different and fun pieces, exploring new techniques and styles.
I find lettering a very satisfying and relaxing art and I love that I have the chance to teach others about it and discover the fun side of this beautiful creative expression of ourselves.
This course will teach you how to use different tools likes "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in the Procreate app. I will help you adjust your app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in App Store).
- Anyone who wants to get better at digital drawing with an iPad
- People who like my artwork and want to learn my style
- Striving artists want to build on their current knowledge and skills in lettering
- People who are considering starting their own online art store or brand someday
Duration of the Course
You will have unlimited access to the class content for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can play the videos on as many devices as you want.
Class Preparation (iPad)
You will need an Apple Pencil and an iPad, iPad Air, or iPad Pro to take this class as well as the Procreate app.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase. Please check your inbox or spam!