1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself.
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles (Original audio in Korean).
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
Learn about digital photography & editing with Lightroom
Hi! I'm Mazect. I have been a photography instructor for over 7 years and have taught over 1,300 students offline! I always wonder how to relay my knowledge and experience more effectively to absolute beginners in photography.
Here are some photos that my students edited themselves
Aren’t they pretty? If you follow my video lessons step by step, you will be able to create amazing pictures just like these!
No more auto mode!
Your days of simply pressing the shutter in auto mode are over! Learn how to use the camera's features and control individual elements like aperture, shutter speed, exposure, and composition. By the end of this course you will be able to take pictures by manipulating the camera in precisely the way you want.
Edit photos on your own using lightroom
Have you ever wondered how to correct the color of your photos?
Editing can bring a whole new look to an image! Learn how to use Adobe Lightroom to correct the colors in the photos you take.
I go much deeper into this subject than just slightly adjusting the colors to make them stand out. I'll walk you through you each step you need to express the exact mood you want to create.
Look at life through a new lense
After covering the basics and touching on the editing process, you will learn through specific activities.
First, will be to take a photo of a landscape near your home. Next to take a photo or portrait with a human subject. Last will be to take a photo with food as the subject. Based on your original photographs, we will then set out to edit each of them together to perfection.
Don't you wish you could capture every moment of your life with your camera? On your way to work, going home, at a beautiful cafe with a friend, or when you see a perfectly-plated dish at a restaurant.
Let's do it together throughout this course by learning all the photography fundamentals and Lightroom techniques that I know to turn you from a beginner into a great photographer.
Take your first step into the world of photography.
Let’s see what develops.
Step 01 : Get to Know Your Camera
You can’t take great pictures without first knowing your camera. Learn about the various features of different cameras and how to use them.
Step 02 : Change to Manual Mode
Auto mode will never get you the results you want. Learn about aperture, ISO, and shutter speed and create the images you want.
Step 03 : Use Good Composition and Exposure
Every good photographer puts in a lot of thought to composition and exposure. Learn about how to perfectly frame every single shot.
Step 04 : Learn Easy Editing Skills
Editing photos is easier than you think! Learn the basic functions of Adobe Lightroom and turn your pictures into vivid and colorful photographs.
Step 05 : Capture Your Theme
Whether you’re capturing a wild and colorful tropical scene or trying to get a vintage, film camera feel, MAZECT will teach you how to edit to get the ambience you want.
Step 06 : Photography With Your Smartphone
You don’t always need an amazing camera for good photos. Learn how to set up and use your smartphone to take photographs that portray atmosphere.
Pre Class Chapter
What kind of photos do you want to take? Show me!
Welcome to MAZECT’s Photography Class
- Introducing the class: photography lessons that are easy to understand and apply
- Meet MAZECT: professional photographer and your instructor
- The cameras and lenses: pros, cons, and unique features
01. The Foundations of Photography
- Types of cameras: SLR vs. DSLR vs. mirrorless
- What lense should you use?
- How to get good focus
- Aperture, ISO, shutter speed: the exposure triangle
- A/S/M/P: different camera modes explained
- Practice: how MAZECT sets his camera
02. On Good Lighting
- Before we start: the effect of light on photos
- Light from the front: the light that shows your subject the clearest
- Light from the side: capturing your subject’s texture and shape
- Light from behind: for the dramatic effect
03. Balanced Frames, Successful Photos
- How to get successful compositions, no matter the scene
- Landscapes: to ease the eyes
- People: to highlight their beauty
- Food: get great photos, even at a cafe
- Photography in application: practice taking photos in the field
04. Photo Editing: Introducing Adobe Lightroom
- Installing and running Lightroom
- Shortcuts for quick and easy editing
- How professionals do it: choosing photos and core editing tools
05. Photo Editing: Practice with Lightroom
- Basic panel tools: brightness, contrast, balance, overall saturation
- Tone curves: natural color correction
- HSL panel: what it does and how to use it
- Split tone: changing the overall atmosphere of your photos
- Sharpening and noise reduction: using the detail panel
- Perspective control: fixing slanted verticals and horizontals
06. In Practice: Editing and Some Tips
- Editing a cafe window shot
- Editing food pictures
- Editing sunsets to get an awe-inspiring effect
- Editing your travel photos to make colors pop
- Editing a starry sky to make the stars shine brighter
- Editing to create a vintage film look
Bonus Chapter: Using your Smartphone
- Adjusting your screen and settings
- Quick and easy editing with an app
Outro: Congratulations on Finishing the Class!
In closing: MAZECT’s parting thoughts
Hello, I’m MAZECT, a professional photographer.
I’ve been teaching an offline photography class since 2013. I’ve had over 1,300 students up until now. Up until around ten years ago, I was Kim Dae-ri, an employee at a small company. One day, I saw this breathtaking sunset. It was the first sunset I had seen in a while. You see, I used to work for a company that had a starting hour, but never an ending hour. It was a terrible place with many late nights.
I thought to myself, who spent all day staring at a monitor, ‘Wow, the world was this beautiful..’ That was when I decided that I wanted to become a photographer. I prepared to quit working, got my severance pay, and bought my very first camera.
Living as a photographer wasn’t always green pastures and pretty flowers. At first, it was the hardest thing to have no income at all. I kept hearing that there were many people who were able to take pictures well all around me. But as the days passed, the happiness inside me grew. And special changes began to happen. It was a change in my outlook on everyday life.
Before the pictures were taken, the moments that just passed by began to look pretty with a twinkling light. I carried my camera and captured the scenes in front of my eyes with my own eyes. When I got home, I took a look at the photos I took that day and practiced editing them.
I was so happy to live life as a photographer. I started to teach people around me a little bit because I wanted to share my feelings with more people. Taking pictures well and teaching them well are two very different things. So I studied and trained as hard to teach as I studied photography. The thing that I focused on the most was the easy teachings. Not using hard terminology and not boasting about my photography knowledge, I wanted to give lectures that anyone could understand and use right away. This became my motto :)
I have been teaching photography lectures offline for seven years.
It's a great pleasure to be able to plan an online class through Class 101.
I hope that more people will be able to take pictures and have fun. I hope that this will be shared with everyone who reads this article.
- People who have a camera, but aren’t sure how to use it
- People who want to make pictures with beautiful colors using Lightroom
- People who want to take breathtaking pics when they travel
- People who are frustrated because they think they aren’t good with their hands and taking pictures
- This class teaches you how to use Adobe Lightroom.
- The program requires a separate purchase and installation of the program.
- The exact terms and conditions of the program can be found on the Adobe website.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
You need to have your own Adobe Lightroom to take the class. For more information, please visit adobe.com
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.
Select class option