1. Learn at your own pace in this 32-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself.
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles, Original audio in Korean.
5. Class starts after July 31st.
Learn to Draw Beautiful Anime Drawings on the iPad
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Learn at your own pace in this 32-week online course.
Do you want to draw magical illustrations?
The magical world I create through my drawings provide a way I can escape the worries of reality and express my imagination through art. Through this class I hope to help you draw your own world as you imagine it, on paper. Figuratively.
Drawing with Procreate
The drawing tool we’ll be using in the class is Procreate, an application on the iPad. I’ll start by teaching you the basics of the program, how to use the basic tools, use layers, etc. After you’ve mastered the basics, I’ll let you know the special tricks and techniques I use when I draw.
Following Along at Home Using References
Even if you’re a beginner, I’ll explain slowly so you can follow along. I will gradually work through the process of drawing a rough sketch, adding in background colors, and completing the painting with contrast and light expression.
The perfect class for all levels
I wanted to create a class where people of all levels could walk away with something special. I’ll show you everything you need to know to create character illustrations on your iPad, from the very basics of drawing to the more difficult techniques of visualization, and even editing your illustration after drawing.
Recreate characters in your own style
When drawing a character illustration, the importance is in capturing the characteristics of your subject. For illustrations with an animated feel, you need to use colors well to create that unrealistic atmosphere! I will tell you how to arrange and combine colors so that you can draw an illustration that catches people’s eyes.
Facial features that make hearts flutter
I always focus on the eyes when drawing people. I think the eyes are the gateway to a person's character and personality. I'll show you how to draw faces that capture the charm of your characters and reveal my personal techniques for adding details to the face.
The first step to drawing a beautiful illustration is the sketch. I will teach you how to sketch people. “Deforme” is a drawing technique that expresses characters by applying transformations, reductions, and distortions to people without realistically depicting them, and using them to draw cute characters.
It is much easier to draw figures if you understand the basic composition and structure of the human body. After learning the basics, I’ll help you practice by drawing different characters. I'll also reveal my secret to drawing hands, something that many people struggle with!
Creating your own unique characters
In order to draw well, it is important to apply the skills you learn and make them your own. I'll tell you about my character creation process. Then it’s up to you to take what you learn and create your own unique characters.
Drawing concept illustrations
With the character in the frame, it’s now time to tell your story. You don’t need to fill the background completely. Learn how to visualize your scene to make your character stand out and effectively emphasize the story you’re telling. Objects with their own meanings come together to form a background, and through this, your picture can be enriched. I’ll walk you through two styles, western and oriental, of drawing scenes.
Reinterpreting people based on photos
Have you ever wanted to recreate yourself or someone you know into art? After observing the unique features and characteristics of the people around you, I’ll teach you how to express real people as characters based on a simple face ratio.
The ultimate relaxation.
Create beauty bath products with n.closer.
Step 01 : Sketching Characters
First, I’ll walk you through the perfect proportions of drawing a character, then teach you how to draw body features, and finally put everything into a beautiful character.
Step 02 : Drawing Props and Patterns
Now that you have your character, you need to give them props and patterns. Using photos as a reference, build a personality around your character with objects.
Step 03 : Drawing Hands
Hands can be tricky to draw, and often turn out awkward. I’ll teach you the secret to easily drawing hands in any pose or form.
Step 04 : Drawing in the Deforme Style
Deform is the artstyle that was popularized by anime and manga. Learn about how to give emphasis to some parts of the body and simplify other parts to create the charm you see in the deform drawing style.
Step 05 : Drawing Illustrations with a Background
The background sets the scene, tells the story. Learn about how to control colors to express different atmospheres and times of day.
Step 06 : Drawing on the iPad with Procreate
The drawing tool used in class is the iPad. I’ll start by teaching you the basic tools and settings of Procreate before getting into character drawing.
Welcome to NCHO’s Digital Drawing Class
- Meet NCHO: illustrator, artist, and your instructor
- Introducing the class: majestic character illustrations
- Digital drawing: On using Procreate and an iPad
01. The Basics of Procreate
- Frequently used tools and shortcuts
- How do you use the brush tool?
- How do you use layers?
- Tips and techniques for drawing lines
02. How to Draw Beautiful Characters
- Understanding perfect facial proportions
- How to draw facial features using the deforme technique
- How to express textures of eyebrows and hair
- How to draw entrancing eyes
- How to draw faces at different angles
03. From Sketching to Coloring: Illustration Fundamentals
- Blending with RGB and CMYK colors
- Expressing light and choosing color schemes
- Finding your own colors
- Coloring characters - Child character
- Coloring characters - Dollish character
- Coloring characters - Gentle character
- [Drawing cute objects] Sketch
- [Drawing cute objects] Coloring
04. Drawing the Upper body
- Understanding perfect body proportions
- How to draw hands, the most troublesome body part
- Creating a character based on a photo - Sketch
- Creating a character based on a photo - Coloring
05. Creating Your Own Character
- Sketching a character
- Coloring a character
- Adding lights to complete the drawing
06. Planning Your Illustrations
- Selecting a subject and designing your story
- Layouts, the theory of composition
- Visualizing and drawing your illustration - Character
- Visualizing and drawing your illustration - Background
07. Filling in a Background
- Drawing a scene in the daytime
- Drawing a scene at night
- Adding finishing touches to your illustrations
- How to use textures
08. Creating Illustrations with a Concept and Atmosphere
- [Dreamy western style illustration] - Rough sketch 1
- [Dreamy western style illustration] - Rough sketch 2
- [Dreamy western style illustration] - Finishing sketch
- [Dreamy western style illustration] - Coloring character
- [Dreamy western style illustration] - Coloring background and editing
- [Colorful oriental style illustration] - Rough sketch
- [Colorful oriental style illustration] - Coloring and editing
Outro: Congratulations on Finishing the Class!
In closing: NCHO’s parting thoughts
Capture something beautiful as a drawing
Hello, I am Illustrator Ncho. Since I was a child, I loved to create and draw pretty things with my hands.
I like to think about how I can achieve and create something in the way I want. Through this class, I would like to help various people draw the drawings they want, as they imagined it.
Illustrator NCHO history
2016 'Blue Award' product culture design international competition award
Participated in 2017 'Seoul Art Show' booth
Participated in 2017 'Seoul International Manga Animation Festival (SICAF)' booth
2018 Korea Illustration Society 'Creative Award'
2018 Galaxy Note 9 studio portrait drawing live lecture
17-19 DreamCatcher Entertainment 'Dream Catcher' Character Design
18-19 'Galaxy Note 9, 10' image source production, content design
2019 band 'Monocircle' album cover illustration and design
: 'What you said for me'
2019 Performance 'Nemo' Concert Poster Production
2019 'Black Raccoon' design designer and illustrator
- People who want to create colorful and detailed illustrations
- People who want to draw characters using Procreate and an iPad
- People who want to tell stories through a scene as an illustration
- People who want to create tarot cards with a dreamlike atmosphere
- People who want to learn how to draw characters in deforme
- People who want to learn a new, enriching hobby
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Procreate app.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in Apple Store). It is not included in the course package.
Be one of the first 40 backers for this class, and help us bring it to the world in English!
We have launched this class in Korea where it gathered more than 200+ students and a 98% satisfaction rate.
The first 40 backers who buy early and help us with the crowdfunding will have the extraordinary opportunity to enjoy the class for only $99.
After the crowdfunding reaches its goal, the cost will rise (original price: $176).
Don't miss out on your chance to get this temporary 44% discount.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Unfortunately, Paypal does not allow installments yet. (We're currently working on introducing installment payments.)
Class Preparation (iPad)
Also, you need an Apple Pencil to take the class. iPad Air, iPad, iPad Pro all works! Do not forget about downloading the 'Procreate' app as well.
Class videos will be available by the July 31st. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Q. Do I need an iPad and Procreate to take this class?
A. Of course, since the class is based on Procreate, it’s best to use it, but since digital drawing is all based on similar functions, as long as you know what brush I’m using, what layer settings I’m on, and how to color and correct your illustrations like me, it doesn't matter what digital drawing platform you use! :)