1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. Enroll now to start learning right away!
1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
The Intermediate Level Course
Learn Digital Drawing for Character Designs with
Take your character designs to the next level by taking them off the white page, and building a
deeper narrative for them through their environment, outfit, weapons, and overall design.
In this course I will go over my method of coming up with a narrative driven character concept; taking a slice of the story to help you present your characters in a fully detailed illustration.
The class will cover:
- The planning and research phase. Collecting references, and starting concept sketches.
- Character study and combining references for later details.
- Sketching out the scene, and an overview of the photo texture I plan to use later on.
- Inking the scene, and doing the flat color.
- Building on top of the flat layers to create a quick color test, intro to photobashing, and
adding textures to the image.
- Planning the scene, and the first phase of rendering.
- Organizing your folders, and using your photo textures to add details to your rendering.
- Start with the main character and move to the background using the above method of
photobashing and painting.
- Final touches, and color adjustments to finalize the piece.
level of conceptualization. As well as an introduction to new tools; students will learn how to
organize files, photobash, where to look for references and textures, and finally how to make it all fit
in a single artwork.
backstory by world building, and creating solid concept foundations that will lead to a captivating
illustration . The class will reveal the many tools illustrators use to build their scenes, from
photobashing and adding textures, to creating your own objects and textures.
Step 1: How to approach complex illustrations and concepts
Step 2: Expanding your library of resources
Step 3: Tips and trick to help get the job done
Step 4: Photobashing: from start to finish
Step 5: Composing different ideas in a powerful illustration
- Meet your instructor: Noobovich!
- Introduction to the course
Chapter 1: Planning and research phase: collecting references and starting concept sketches
- Writing an idea brief
- References resources and sites
- Character Chart
- Photoshop document setup - Brushes I use to sketch ideas
- Sketching Ideas 01
- Sketching Ideas 02
- Sketching Ideas 03
- Sketching Ideas 04
Chapter 2: Character concept
- Character Concept 01
- Character Concept 02
- Character Concept 03
- Character Concept 04
- Intro to Artbreeder
- Applying Artbreeder
- Character Concept 05
- Flat Coloring
- Enemies Design
- Fairy Design
- Finalizing the design
Chapter 3: Sketching out the scene
- Intro: References and objectives
- Compositional sketching 01
- Compositional sketching 02
- Compositional sketching 03
- Compositional sketching 04
- Composition Scale Tool
- Value Study
Chapter 4: Intro to Daz3D, posing the character, setting up lights & rendering
- Introduction to Daz3D
- Camera and Light
- Posing the character
Chapter 5: Inking and cleaning the drawing
- Inking the Main Character
- Inking the Fairy and the BG
- Flat Colors
Chapter 6: Photobashing
- Intro to Photobashing 01
- Intro to Photobashing 02
- Planning your Illustration
- Photobashing the Foreground
- Photobashing the Background 01
- Photobashing the Background 02
Chapter 7: Digital Painting 01 [Main Character]
- Introduction to Rendering
- Head Rendering
- Armor Rendering 01
- Armor Rendering 02
- Thoughts and Homework
Chapter 8: Digital Painting 02 [Other Elements]
- Fairy Rendering
- Undead Army References
- Undead Rendering 01
- Undead Rendering 02
- Flying Skulls 01
- Flying Skulls 02
- Light Beams rendering
Chapter 9: Final touches
- Final Touches
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
About the Instructor
My artwork “Skating Giants” ranked 6th top digital illustration worldwide on Artstation for the year 2018. Although teaching is not my profession but I run a live critique on my twitch channel which gives me the chance to interact with aspiring artists and beginners and help them push to the next level. I also have 2 narrated tutorials on my portfolio that got a lot of praise where I go over my character rendering process step by step.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
interesting projects that put my skills to the test along the way.
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- People who want to create original concept art
- People who want to build their original character from scratch
- People who want to learn 3D art
- People who want to understand and apply photo bashing
- People who want to give completed background behind their character
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
You need to have your own Adobe Photoshop to take the class.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase. Please check your inbox or spam!