1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles (Original audio in Korean)
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
Learn How to Create Impassioned Colored Pencil Portraits
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
See for yourself to the improvements our classmates have made in this course!
291 students enrolled and 96% said they were satisfied with this course.
"I think it becomes a completely different person, but somehow I've finished it!! I'm proud to have completed the whole face, but I didn't really like it, so I'm going to do it again, and the hardest thing was controlling the pressure. I was blending the neck part with white color and it’s all lumpy. Oh well, if I practice more, it will get better."
-by So Yeon
"I wanted to learn how to draw portraits, so I took this course. Hair and accessories are still a struggle, but I'm happy that I was able to finish the class."
-by Eunsol Lee
"How can the colors you choose have such a unique atmosphere? I'm impressed! I still have a hard time drawing eyebrows, but I’m sure I can master it with some practice! Thank you very much. :)"
- by Suet Yi Wong
Step 01 : Utilising color to the fullest
Let’s learn how to use color to create atmospheric and harmonious drawings
Step 02 : Expressing emotions through facial features
Let’s learn about facial proportions, shapes and angles that create emotion
Step 03 : Adding details
Let’s learn how to add eye shadow, makeup, and eyebrows to your drawings
Step 04 : The Common Mistakes
Let’s learn about the mistakes that many artists make and how to fix them
- Introducing the course
- Meet Songbly: illustrator, artist, and instructor
- Let’s look at the materials needed for this course
01. The Characteristics and Uses of Colored Pencils
- Characteristics of watercolor pencils and oil-based colored pencil
- Making my own color formation table with colored pencils
- How to Sketch Three-Dimensional Shapes
- Employ Cool &Warm tones to color shapes
02. Drawing the Eyes
- Eyes: Understanding the construction & sketching
- Learning how to draw realistic eyebrow hair
- Using a Gelly Roll pen to depict the iris and to add highlights
- Eye makeup that sets the atmosphere and makes the eyes look lively
- Exercise: Expressions of Dreamy eye
- Exercise: Expressions of Vibrant eye (Or lively-looking eye)
03. Drawing the Nose
- Introduction: Noses
- Sketching: Nose from different views
- Coloring: Nose from the frontal view
- Coloring: Nose from the ¾ and complete side view
04. Drawing the Lips
- Introduction: Lips
- Sketching: Lips from different views
- Coloring: Gradient lips from the frontal view
- Coloring: Full-lip makeup from the complete side view
05. Drawing the Hair
- Sketching and Coloring: Long and Silky hair
- Sketching and Coloring: Wavy hair
- Sketching and Coloring: Braided hair
06. Drawing from a Photograph
- TIP: Choosing the right photo reference
- Sketching with Tracing method
- Sketching with Composition and Shape Guideline
07. Songbly’s Coloring Tips
- Expressing skin tone using water colors
- Application: Highlights and shadows
- Application: Lips and eye makeup
- Wrap-up: Hair and final touches
Congratulations on completing the course!
Hello! I am Songbly, an illustrator with 42K followers on Instagram. I’ve received so much praise for my colored pencil portraits—many fans have reached out to let me know how much they love my work BUT I was sad and shocked to hear that people consider drawing the human face incredibly difficult!!!
So I’ve put together this comprehensive (and FUN!) online art class so YOU can learn how to depict the human face in gorgeous portraits using colored pencil.
It's true that depicting the real world and capturing emotions and beauty can be challenging… especially if you’re trying to create realistic art.
With this class, we’ll start with simple sketches and focus on the colors, eyes, and emotion of the person you’re drawing. It's not going to be difficult. In fact, you’ll discover a new joy in capturing the true soul of the person you’re depicting in your portrait!
- People that are interest in art and painting but find it hard and challenging
- People that already draw and sketch and want to improve
- People that want to work in color
- People that wish to learn how to express emotions and moods in their drawings of the face
- People that want to make artwork to share with friends, family and the world!
(Materials are picked & used by the artist.)
- Fabriano Studio Watercolor Paper 8X10 HP 300g (12sheet, 2sets)
- Hwa-Hong Design Brush, 1EA
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen White
- Paper Palette (20sheet, 1EA)
- Alpha Titanium White 15ml / Holbein Artist Watercolor 232 15ml
- Prismacolor Premier Soft Core Colored Pencils 72 colors, 1 set
Prismacolor Premier Soft Core Colored Pencils 8sets
(140, 1013, 1026, 1001, 1019, 1080, 1081, 1031)
Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils 12sets
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Unfortunately, Paypal does not allow installments yet. (We're currently working on introducing installment payments.)
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,”
we will ship your package within the next 2 business days & it may take less than 2 weeks to get the package.
We will also send you a tracking number after we send the package. Due to the duration of delivery,
your access will be extended to 22 weeks.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.