1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself.
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles (Original audio in Korean).
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
See for yourself to the improvements our classmates have made in this course!
248 students enrolled and 90% said they were satisfied with this course.
It may seem boring to show a long course in the middle, but it shows the actual course without filtration, so it feels similar to what the teacher tells you in a private academy.
- by Lee Su Min
The course is really fun and easy to follow the instructions! I’m already looking forward to what we’re drawing next!
-by Boa Ryu
Draw Retro Pixel Art!
Pixel art is an art form that adds an artist’s passion and zeal to each pixel on a screen. With pixel art, you can create works of art that go well with the currently trendy retro style!
Draw Quality Work ANYWHERE
I think pixel art is the most financially friendly drawing method. Anyone can work quickly without expensive equipment, and you can work on computers with poor specs because of pixel art’s small capacity. And the editing is easy! Thanks to this, you can quickly create quality work anywhere, whenever you want.
It’s Okay if You Can’t Draw Well
If you learn pixel art, you can capture any scene with a retro style, from cute characters to beautiful scenery.
Enjoy recreating your precious memories, from photos to pixel art. Those moments will last longer in your memory, and you can impress your friends with special artwork that you created!
Pixel Art Has Infinite Uses
Video thumbnails: If you are a YouTube creator! You may also want to create your own unique pixel art for thumbnails or in the video intro.
Goods: With Pixel Art, you can make your own products such as postcards, stickers, cell phone cases and eco bags! I even draw and gift portraits for my friends' birthdays. When I draw pixels, it always comes out cute, so it’s a great gift to give your friends too!
In this class, learn the general process of pixel art on your tablet and become a pixel art master!
The Pixel Art Creation Process
Reference Observation ▶ ︎ Sketch ▶ ︎ Using Line Tools ▶ ︎ Coloring ▶ ︎ Detail Correction ▶ ︎ Color Adjustment ▶ ︎ Image Conversion
It’s that easy! For simple illustrations, you can even skip the observation and sketching steps!
In this class, I will cover everything from how to use Aseprite to how to animate pixel art with animation, and how to make goods such as postcards and stickers with the finished pixel art.
Learn to use the pixel art program Aseprite
Express rich colors
Add animation effects
Make your own goods!
Immerse yourself in pixel art.
- Studio Pants
Step 01 : The Basics of Pixel Art
Pixel art has been around since the creation of digital monitors. Learn about what pixel art has become and all the necessary skills you need to create your own pixel art.
Step 02 : Aseprite For Beginners
Asperite is the perfect platform for pixel art. Learn and master the basic functions of Aseprite and draw pixel artwork with ease.
Step 03 : Tracing Photos
The pixel art created in class will stem from photos. Learn how to trace using photos and transform them into pixel art sketches.
Step 04 : Adding Retro Colors
Retro pixel art is known for its bright and sometimes unconventional color schemes. Learn how to find and add a variety of colors to your traces.
Step 05 : Small Touches That Add Detail
Learn about the effects of contrast, lines, and other details that will help your illustration have a more complete retro feel.
Step 06 : Adding an Animation Effect
Bring your artwork to life with animation! Learn about how to create pixel art animation that look like they could be from retro games.
Step 07 : Making Pixel Art Goods
Your artwork can become your business! Learn how to create and order professional-looking goods such as postcards and stickers.
Welcome to Studio Pants’ Pixel Art Class
- Pixel art: fun with a variety of uses
- Meet Studio Pants: pixel artist and your instructor
- Preparing for class: a laptop, tablet, and some programs
01. Before We Start
- Setting up your Wacom tablet
- The basic functions of Aseprite
- Using brushes and the color palette
02. Lines and Colors
- Angles and Curves: drawing various lines with Aseprite
- Creating a color palette using a reference
- In application: drawing clouds
03. Drawing Cute Characters with Pixel Art
- Drawing cute animal characters
- Drawing a variety of products using one character
- Adding animation to your animal characters
- Converting your illustration to an image file
04. Brushes and Color Editing
- Creating your own brush
- Drawing clouds with a pattern brush
- Editing colors in your drawing
05. Drawing Retro Landscapes
- Correcting your photos for sketches
- Practice: drawing retro-style landscapes
- Adding distinctive retro features
06. Adding Animation
- Envisioning your animation effect
- Inserting a repeating animation effect
- Converting your finished animation
07. Creating Pixel Art Products
- How to make postcards
- How to make stickers
- How to order your products
Outro: Congratulations on Finishing the Class!
Now you are a pixel art master!
Pixel Artist studio_pants
I'm Studio Pants, a pixel artist who loves space and bright colors.
I recreate landscapes I like with pixel art and produce stationery goods.
I’m mainly involved with sharing my artwork through online platforms such as grafolio, twitter, and instagram and through offline shops and illustration fairs.
I’m happiest when I complete illustrations and open packages when I order goods. It’s always different to see what you’ve always seen on your monitor versus the products you produced.
I’ve always been interested in games with pixel graphic designs, from retro pixel games to newer, higher quality pixel games. When I was younger, I enjoyed drawing pixel art, but I had forgotten about it for a while.
After some time had passed, I was in college and had to do homework, but I didn’t have a tablet I could use at home.
I was looking for a digital drawing method using a mouse, and rediscovered my passion for pixel art.
After that moment, I started work filling in dots with a laptop and mouse.
I am currently focusing on my beloved pixel art and creating my own universe through my illustrations.
- People who are interested in retro pixel art
- People who want to document their travels and daily life in a special way
- People who want to learn how to create art without special equipment
- People who are interested in making diaries, stickers, postcards, etc.
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS and Aseprite
- Adobe Photoshop and Aseprite are subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop and Aseprite
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the programs
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.