1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. Class is in production. Start learning after Sep. 28
Toonimated Teaches How to Make Amazing Webcomics from Start to Finish
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
Make Amazing Webcomics from Start to Finish
Digital Drawing Class with
Published Webtoon Creator, Toonimated
This course is for anyone interested in making webcomics
We will cover the fundamentals for writing, drawing and publishing for webcomics before diving into more specific or advanced examples, so whether you are a beginner or have only a little experience, you will be able to easily follow along with the course.
Create and publish webcomics and even turn it into a full-time job
Do you like telling stories? Creating worlds, characters and creatures? Have you ever dreamed of turning those stories into a visual format? We're here to show you how we were able to create and publish webcomics and even turn it into a full-time job.
Whether you are interested in making a webcomic for fun, or are looking to make a living off of it, you will find everything you need to know in this course! From writing, to storyboarding, to final production and publishing, we will teach you how to manage your time and create high quality work to capture your audience!
Learn to create high quality work to capture an audience!
Creating webcomics is one of the most personally and professionally rewarding things we've ever done and we're looking forward to passing on everything we know so that you too can share your amazing stories!
By the end of this course, you will know how to draw a webcomic
We will show you know how to write, conceptualize, draw and publish a webcomic, as well as be prepared with the skills and tools to manage your webcomic project so as to make it a success!
If you follow along with the curriculum, you may also optionally produce a few chapters of a webcomic that you may publish if you choose!
What's Special About THIS Course
We collectively have 26 years of experience creating worlds and stories for games, film and comics. Many people dream of being able to make a living off of doing what they love. We've turned that dream into a reality for ourselves.
This is the only course we've made that takes you through our entire process of making webcomics and where we will share our personal insights and experiences that have lead to our own success.
Welcome to the course
1. Meet your Instructor: Toonimated!
2. Introduction to the course.
3. Introduction to Procreate.
Chapter 1: Overview and Goals
1. Setting your goal & introduction to the fundamentals of creating webcomics.
2. How to plan for different genres & audiences.
3. A few tips on time management and content cadence.
Chapter 2: Writing
1. Introduction to storytelling and the fundamentals of writing
2. Useful writing practices, tools and programs
3. Creating a story for a webcomic
4. How to turn your story into chapter scripts
Chapter 3: Designing Your World (Concept)
1. Learn the fundamentals and some techniques for developing a style that can be produced consistently and efficiently to meet the update schedule of a webcomic.
2. Designing settings for your webcomic.
3. Designing your characters.
Chapter 4: Designing Your World (Production)
1. How to create and use background assets in your webcomic.
2. Creating model sheets for your characters.
Chapter 5: Storyboarding
1. Intro to useful art tools and programs for storyboarding.
2. Tips and tricks for translating a script into storyboards and planning for your final layout.
3. Storyboarding your first chapter of your webcomic.
Chapter 6: Production
1. Inking your storyboards to create final panels.
2. Coloring your panels.
3. Adding dialog & sound effects to the finished panels.
4. Export your finished chapter to be uploaded to any online platform.
BONUS Chapter: Photoshop
1. Importing your comic pages.
2. Preparing and exporting your webcomic for the web.
Chapter 7: Publishing
1. How to find a publishing platform that’s right for you.
2. Using social media to build an audience and engage with fans.
3. How to make money as a webcomic creator.
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course!
Professional illustrator and Published Webtoon Creator, Toonimated
Hello! We are Tara and Julian, a married couple who form the entity Toonimated!
We have been writing and producing the Webtoon Original "Room of Swords" for three years. Before that, we both had 10 years of experience in the video game industry as concept artists, animators, writers and art directors at companies such as Nintendo, EA, Zynga, and Hasbro. That experience taught us the importance of customer focus, time management, responding to live feedback, and the importance of quality / consistency.
It has always been a dream of ours to tell stories and work as independent artists, and we have managed to turn webcomics into a full-time job that supports our family of three. We'd love to be able to share what we've learned with everyone who may have a similar dream.
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Procreate app.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in Apple Store). It is not included in the course package.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Class Preparation (iPad)
Also, you need an Apple Pencil to take the class. iPad Air, iPad, iPad Pro all works! Do not forget about downloading the 'Procreate' app as well.
Class videos will be available by the September 28th.
We will notify you via email regarding how to access
to the class videos on the release date.
Q: What kind of person should absolutely take this course?
Anyone who has a passion for telling stories and is interested in making comics of any type. The audience for comics online is huge and growing. It's an exciting time to be a webcomic creator.
Q: Why is your favorite thing about what you do?
Our favorite thing about making webcomics is being able to work together on something we love every day and being able to share it with an incredibly engaged and supportive community of fans! We've met so many incredible people thanks to this project, and we just feel very fortunate to have this in our lives.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
We met at art school and became instant best friends. It's always been our dream to start our own business and work together. A few years ago, we started writing stories in our free time and once we'd landed on something we felt would work, we started pitching it to webcomic platforms. The story was picked up by LINE Webtoon. It started as a part-time project, but once the business had built up enough, we both made the leap to work on the comic full-time.