1. Go at your own pace in this 32-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. Class is in production. Start learning after Jan 22nd, 2021
Record Your Travel Journey with Pen and Watercolor
Watercolor & Pen Illustration with
Artist, Wade Tang
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: The Basics of Perspective
Step 2: Constructing with Geometric Shapes
Step 3: Drawing Trees and People
Step 4: Using the Watercolor
Step 5: 3 Ways of Painting Wash to Create Light and Shadow
Step 6: The Joy of Sketching Outside
- Meet Wade Tang: Illustrator, urban sketcher, and your instructor!
- Introduction to the class
- Introduction to the materials
Chapter 1: The Basic of Perspective
- What is 1-point perspective
- What is 2-point perspective
What is 3-point perspective
- What is aerial perspective
Chapter 2: Draw With a Pen
How to hold the pen
How to draw a lively line & create different line type and line weight
Using 2-point perspective to draw a building
Using geometric shapes to construct your painting
Chapter 3: Add More Elements to Your Drawing
- Let’s draw trees around the building
Let’s add more buildings in the background
Adding people to make the drawing more interesting
Adding texture and shadow as a final re-touch
Chapter 4: The Basics of Watercolor
Understanding what color you want in the palette
- Learning to create more colors by mixing pigments
How to use brush to paint
Tips on using watercolor
Chapter 5: Apply Colors to the Drawing
Where should we start - the order of painting
1st wash of painting
- How to paint the tree
- How to paint the dark part
Chapter 6: Add Depth in the Painting
2nd wash of the painting
- Create the anchor of the painting
3rd wash: Create the light and shadow
Chapter 7: Let's Do More Exercises
- Drawing a Store 1 - Line drawing
Drawing a Store 2 - Adding color
Drawing a Castle 1 - Line drawing
- Drawing a Castle 2 - Adding color
Chapter 8: Let's Go Sketching Outside!
- Painting a Café 1: Line drawing
Painting a Café 2: Adding color
Painting a lovely Red Bridge 1: Line drawing
- Painting a lovely Red Bridge 2: Adding color
- Painting an Old Factory 1: Line drawing
- Painting an Old Factory 2: Adding color
How I find my own art style
Congratulations on completing the class!
Meet Your Creator
My name is Wade Tang, currently a full-time artist from Taiwan. I have done many things in my work life, from an engineer in a high-tech company, to a freelancer photographer. Five years ago, I started to pick up my pen and doodle every night. I found an urban sketch group on internet and became so addicted to it. And now, I work with some publication company for illustrations and also am a college art teacher. I really enjoy helping people understand the process of sketching and applying it to their own unique drawing style.
- Fabriano Accademia Drawing Paper A5
- PWC SHINHAN Extra Fine Watercolor Paint /12 colors
- uni POSCA 1M White
- Staedtler Pigment Liner 0.3 Black
- Color Watercolor Palette with a 12-Half pan
- Raphael Watercolor Brush 803, Size 3/0
- Who want to expand their skills on watercolor drawing
- Who want to develop their own style of drawing
- Who want to be able to draw their favorite travel spots
- Who want to discover the fun of drawing outside!
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will send you the package before the release date(January 22nd), if you have purchased the All-in-one package.
Class videos will be available by January 22nd. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.